A short sci-fi/drama of a woman searching for her missing partner, and the subsequent reconnection in his subconscious.
Arriving distressed at her local police station, Emily files a missing person’s report for her partner Connor, who has been missing for days. Faced with the realisation that she is partially responsible for his disappearance, Emily sets out on her own investigative journey.
Later discovering a hidden warehouse, Emily finds Connor connected to a system of unregulated equipment, designed and operated by Lenny. Confused – and unable to speak with Connor directly – Emily connects to his mind, where she is transported to a desolate landscape. But before she can reconnect with her partner and find the answers she’s looking for, she must traverse the physical barrier between them.
The film will star BAFTA-winning Georgina Campbell with the rest of the cast TBC. We’ve teamed up with the charities CALM and Sands to raise awareness of the underlying themes (child loss and mental health) explored in the film: www.thecalmzone.net | www.sands.org.uk
The screenplay has received the following recognition:
– Grand Prize in the Vortex Horror/Sci-Fi category at the Flickers’ Rhode Island International Screenplay Competition
– Finalist in The 2018 Global Script Challenge at the Oaxaca FilmFest
– Finalist in the Southern California Screenplay Competition
– Semi-Finalist in the Vail Film Festival Screenplay Contest
– Quarter-Finalist in the PAGE International Screenwriting Awards
- Georgina Campbell
- Alex Kyrou
- Clare Shields
- Wesley Williams
- Cherrelle Redley Murrain
- Heather Basten, CDG, CSA
- John Lynch, ISC
- Paul O'Brien
- Rebecca Tredget
- Karolina Kluzniak